Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Denise Mangano <De...@complusdata.com> on 2003/08/28 17:42:19 UTC

simple workers.properties question (John Turner's how-to)

According to the how-to, I created the workers.properties file.  My
question is simple:

Is it ok to leave:
    worker.ajp13.host = localhost

or should I change it to:
    worker.ajp13.host = www.mydomain.com

In my httpd.conf my ServerName is www.mydomain.com, and in my server.xml
the Host name is www.mydomain.com

Thanks :)

Denise

Re: simple workers.properties question (John Turner's how-to)

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
It just needs to equal "location of tomcat".  I used to think it had to
match the ServerName...it doesn't.  It's merely a pointer to the machine
that is running Tomcat.  If Apache and Tomcat are on the same machine,
then "localhost" is fine.

John