Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dibyendu Karmakar <di...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/11 04:37:33 UTC

HOW TO WORK WITH HADOOP SOURCE CODE

Hi,
I am trying to view HADOOP SOURCE CODE. I am using HADOOP 1.0.3.
In HADOOP distribution, only jar files are there.
Give me some instruction to view source code... please

I have seen "contribute to hadoop" page (
wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute ) where something about git is
written. I am not getting what it is. And while trying to download, I have
found many links with different names ( git.apache.org ). Don't know what
to do.
PLEASE HELP.
THANK YOU.

Re: HOW TO WORK WITH HADOOP SOURCE CODE

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

I have some notes at
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/QwertyManiac/BuildingHadoopTrunk that
may be of help to you. You'll need branch-1 or a release tag (see all
tags here http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/) checked
out for 1.x based sources. Alternatively, if you use a Maven project,
you can ask it to download sources of dependencies too, which lets you
browse sources as you develop as well.

Also, do read http://www.hoax-slayer.com/do-not-use-all-capitals.html :)

--
Harsh J