Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Alvin Anwar <al...@secureage.com> on 2006/02/28 05:26:16 UTC

Authentication in WCK (newbie asks)

Hi,

First, I need to confess that I'm totally new to WebDAV, Apache Slide and
WCK at the same time, so this may sounds funny to all of you but it has
frustrates me for a few days.

Let me try to give you a picture of my problem. I tried to compile WCK using
Ant (very minor modification to the build properties of both Slide and WCK,
just making sure I'm redirecting the correct files) and run it using Apache
Tomcat. The compilation works just fine, but when I tried to access it, it
prompted me for password. I tried .... root/root, john/john, john2/john2,
guest/guest - no luck at all.

One thing I noticed is that it actually failed to patch my catalina.sh
(strange enough, the build was considered as a success in Ant).

Tried disabling authentication at Slide (by commenting authenticate line of
build.properties in Slide), but it still asked me for password.

Does anybody has a similar problem like mine? Any solution on what should I
do?

Alvin A.

PS:
I'm using
- Apache Tomcat 5.0.28
- Apache Ant 1.6.5
- Patch 2.5.9-3
- Java SDK 1.5.0_06
- Apache Slide 2.2pre1 and Apache WCK (I just grab the whole package from
Apache SVN)