Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Harish Alwala <ha...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/09 06:24:08 UTC

Proximity search ignoring the order

Hi

I use Solr 8.6. I am looking for proximity search unordered.

"harish alwala"~3 should get me results for "alwala harish"~3 also.

I read about "NearSpanUnOrdered", but I am not sure about usage in solr
query.

Can you please share a query with an example.

--
Regards
Harish Alwala

Re: Proximity search ignoring the order

Posted by YOGENDRA SONI <so...@gmail.com>.
slope queries are unordered, you can use surround query parser for
unordered proximity search.
{!surround} alawa 3W harish
but surround query will not do analysis and search as it is. This can be a
problem if you don't handle tokenization yourself.

you can try complexphrase query if it works for you.