Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John Greenhill <jg...@dayspring-tech.com> on 2003/05/02 17:58:36 UTC

Access Constants class with struts tags

Is there a way to use values from a Constants file for comparisons in
logic tags without resorting to scriptlets?

Currently I do this:

        <logic:equal name="issueForm" property="period" value="<%=
Constants.PERIOD_WEEKLY %>">

but I'd like to know the scriptlet-free method.

Thanks,
-john

John Greenhill
Dayspring Technologies, Inc.
58 2nd Street, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA  94105
Voice: 415.247.9421 ext. 21
Web:   www.dayspring-tech.com

Re: Access Constants class with struts tags

Posted by Gareth Andrew <ga...@ntlworld.com>.
IMO "scriptlet expressions" (<%= xxx %>) aren't really scriptlets - they
are a kind of gray area necessary to deal with tags that don't have any
expression language support.
The easiest way to remove them is to use a tag library that has
expression langauge support.  You options are the struts-el tag
libraries and the JSTL.  In both of these

<%=Constants.PERIOD_WEEKLY %>

becomes

${Contants.PERIOD_WEEKLY}

I'm not sure if this helps,