Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/21 09:21:53 UTC

Maven build error

I set up a new system(Ubuntu Karmic) with fresh checkout from the trunk and
applied the Bayes Patch. I can do an mvn install. Everything build
perfectly. But the second time I do the same(after a code change), the build
fails and I get the following error.

'copy-resources' was specified in an execution, but not found in the plugin
*
*
The only alternative I have is to delete the ~/.m2/repository everytime. I
had a work around earlier with hosting a local squid cache to cache all
these jar files. But this is quite annoying.

Any suggestions anyone?

Robin

*Maven version: 2.0.9*
*Java version: 1.6.0_15*

~/lucene/mahout/trunk$ mvn install -DskipTests=true
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   Apache Lucene Mahout
[INFO]   Apache Mahout Buildtools
[INFO]   Mahout Common Maven Parent
[INFO]   Mahout core
[INFO]   Mahout Taste Webapp
[INFO]   Mahout utilities
[INFO]   Mahout examples
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Apache Lucene Mahout
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [site:attach-descriptor]
[INFO] [install:install]
[INFO] Installing /home/robina/lucene/mahout/trunk/pom.xml to
/home/robina/.m2/repository/org/apache/mahout/mahout/0.2-SNAPSHOT/mahout-0.2-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Apache Mahout Buildtools
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] Not compiling test sources
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] Tests are skipped.
[INFO] [jar:jar]
[INFO] [install:install]
[INFO] Installing
/home/robina/lucene/mahout/trunk/buildtools/target/mahout-buildtools-0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
/home/robina/.m2/repository/org/apache/mahout/mahout-buildtools/0.2-SNAPSHOT/mahout-buildtools-0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Mahout Common Maven Parent
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [site:attach-descriptor]
[INFO] [install:install]
[INFO] Installing /home/robina/lucene/mahout/trunk/maven/pom.xml to
/home/robina/.m2/repository/org/apache/mahout/mahout-parent/0.2-SNAPSHOT/mahout-parent-0.2-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Mahout core
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO]* 'copy-resources' was specified in an execution, but not found in the
plugin*
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 5 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Aug 21 12:43:19 IST 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 15M/80M

Re: Maven build error

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
FYI:  changing the Maven Resources Plugin version to 2.4 (from 2.3) in
the POM resolves this.  I will commit.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene: