Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Guntupalli, Santhi" <sa...@digital.com> on 2003/05/02 14:13:28 UTC

Apache 2.0

Hello,
	I am going through the upgradation from of Apache to 2.0 and changes
1.3 to 2.0, I have found some differences.

1. structure for module MODULE_VAR_EXPORT has been changed from Apache 1.3
to 2.0, as mentioned that some of the functions in Apache 2.0  have to be
registered as hooks. But I did not find corresponding hooks for these
functions in Apache 1.3 in "module MODULE_VAR_EXPORT "
" initializer ", "child_exit"
How to implement this two functions as hooks??
2.  In Apache 2.0 the from "request_rec" structure varibale boundary has
been removed, how to  take care of boundary variable
Anybody has answer for this?
Thanks in advance,
- GS

child process cleanup (pchild hook, was Re: Apache 2.0)

Posted by Chris Knight <Ch...@nasa.gov>.
Bill Stoddard wrote:

> Guntupalli, Santhi wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>         I am going through the upgradation from of Apache to 2.0 and
>> changes 1.3 to 2.0, I have found some differences.
>>
>> 1. structure for module MODULE_VAR_EXPORT has been changed from
>> Apache 1.3 to 2.0, as mentioned that some of the functions in Apache
>> 2.0  have to be registered as hooks. But I did not find corresponding
>> hooks for these functions in Apache 1.3 in "module MODULE_VAR_EXPORT "
>>
>> " initializer ", "child_exit"
>> How to implement this two functions as hooks??
>

> Register a cleanup against pchild. That's your child exit hook.

It appears, in our use of this hook, that the cleanup of the "pchild"
memory pool does not happen until the shutdown of the entire server.
We're running into resource starvation problems due to this. Is there a
configuration directive to make sure that the child memory pool is freed
or is this a bug?

Personally, I'd rather have a much more explicit (and
backwards-compatible) child_exit hook. What is the reason for its
removal in 2.0?

Re: Apache 2.0

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
Guntupalli, Santhi wrote:
> Hello,
>         I am going through the upgradation from of Apache to 2.0 and
> changes 1.3 to 2.0, I have found some differences.
>
> 1. structure for module MODULE_VAR_EXPORT has been changed from Apache
> 1.3 to 2.0, as mentioned that some of the functions in Apache 2.0  have
> to be registered as hooks. But I did not find corresponding hooks for
> these functions in Apache 1.3 in "module MODULE_VAR_EXPORT "
>
> " initializer ", "child_exit"
> How to implement this two functions as hooks??

Register a cleanup against pchild. That's your child exit hook.

Bill