Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/17 12:49:55 UTC

Databinding problem with WS when service or reference uses interface.java instead of WSDL

There's a problem with the databinding when using web services and the
service or reference uses interface.java. It looks like the the
wrapping/unwrapping goes wrong and ends up with a ClassCastException  in
SimpleType2JavaTransformer. Any ideas on how to fix this? I've separated
this case out of the wsdl itests into a single test to make it easier to
debug, see:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/itest/wsdl/src/test/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/itest/DBFailTestCase.java

   ...ant

Re: Databinding problem with WS when service or reference uses interface.java instead of WSDL

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'll look into this.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

After the investigation, I found the issue is not really caused by the
databinding. For bindings like ws, we have the interface contract for the
binding itself (from the WSDL portType used by the endpoint) in addition to
the <interface.xxx> on the composite service or reference. If the
binding interface contract is not present, then the one from the composite
service/reference should be used.

I fixed the problem under r529675. Please review.

Thanks,
Raymond