Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/01 18:26:52 UTC

More sun schema choices

It seems that Craig Russell has succeeded in breaking the licensing
logjam over the sun schemas and they are now available licensed under
GPL+CDDL on the sun website at

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
and
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee

I'm inclined to switch to these copies for our release and include
them in the schema jars.  I can update the schemas in tck svn and
modify the build to include the schemas themselves but I'm not sure
how to appropriately modify the license files.  Is anyone willing to
do that?

thanks
david jencks

Re: More sun schema choices

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

> It seems that Craig Russell has succeeded in breaking the licensing
> logjam over the sun schemas and they are now available licensed
> under GPL+CDDL on the sun website at
>
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
> and
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
>
> I'm inclined to switch to these copies for our release and include
> them in the schema jars.  I can update the schemas in tck svn and
> modify the build to include the schemas themselves but I'm not sure
> how to appropriately modify the license files.  Is anyone willing
> to do that?

Ya. I'll be updating the other license files, anyway. Ping me on irc
when you start...

--kevan