Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by ANTHONY ENNIS <to...@insightbb.com> on 2009/09/28 15:58:12 UTC

hibernate and axis2

Thanks for the replies.  I'm at work now and don't have access to the postings sent earlier.

I created a new jar that included my classes and the persistence.xml file. I placed it in my lib directory.  No difference.

I'm working in part off code/requirements I didn't write.  One wrinkle is that my boss told me to use JPA persistence.  He's on vacation now.  This is the code to get a session:

 emf = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Constants.PERSISTENCE);
 em = emf.createEntityManager();

Given that it is the epicenter of my problem, perhaps I should mention it!

I removed the persistence.xml file completely and verified the error (javax.persistence.PersistenceException: No Persistence provider for EntityManager named xyzzy) is generated by a missing persistence.xml file.