Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/15 01:45:23 UTC

Some Questions About Using Solr as Cloud

I read wiki and reading SolrGuide of Lucidworks. However I want to clear
something in my mind. Here are my questions:

1) Does SolrCloud lets a multi master design (is there any document that I
can read about it)?
2) Let's assume that I use multiple cores i.e. core A and core B. Let's
assume that there is a document just indexed at core B. If I send a search
request to core A can I get result?
3) When I use multi master design (if exists) can I transfer one master's
index data into another (with its slaves or not)?
4) When I use multi core design can I transfer one index data into another
core or anywhere else?

By the way thanks for the quick responses and kindness at mail list.

Re: Some Questions About Using Solr as Cloud

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
5) When I use multi core design can I transfer one index data into another
core or anywhere else?
6) Does Solr holds old versions of documents or remove them?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
See

Otis
--