Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it> on 2010/10/13 23:21:00 UTC

debian snapshot release

I've sent on the pmc list the following message. I'm sending it also on to
rivet-dev hoping to gather more opinions.

I formally propose a new minor release (snapshot release?) of rivet to
be labelled as 2.0.1.1 (or 2.0.1.svn1 or whatever is thought appropriate). The
goal of the release is to create an official tarball out of the source tree
that carries the fixes and adjustments needed to debianize Rivet with minimum
fuss. No new features were added to Rivet: basically the module is the same as
before. Only a couple of patches already in trunk have been applied to the
source code in the 2_0 branch, but they were simply meant to silence 2
compilation warnings. The whole 'debian' directory was rewritten and also a
'distclean' target was added to doc/Makefile.am.

-- Massimo

Re: debian snapshot release

Posted by Harald Oehlmann <Ha...@Elmicron.de>.
Am 13.10.2010 23:21, schrieb Massimo Manghi:
> I formally propose a new minor release (snapshot release?) of rivet to
> be labelled as 2.0.1.1 (or 2.0.1.svn1 or whatever is thought appropriate). The
> goal of the release is to create an official tarball out of the source tree
> that carries the fixes and adjustments needed to debianize Rivet with minimum
> fuss. No new features were added to Rivet: basically the module is the same as
> before. Only a couple of patches already in trunk have been applied to the
> source code in the 2_0 branch, but they were simply meant to silence 2
> compilation warnings. The whole 'debian' directory was rewritten and also a
> 'distclean' target was added to doc/Makefile.am.

Massomo,

great work as usual.
IMHO there is no change to small tu justify a new release number.
And keeping release numbers short makes it easier for the end user.

I would call it 2.0.2 and really release it.

Regards,
Harald