Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rich <rg...@ellerbach.com> on 2004/12/16 15:01:31 UTC

sa-learn and "out of memory" error

I have just upgraded to 3.01 from 2.53 (on an SGI IRIX machine) and after
getting all of that completed nicely I decided to retrain the bayesian
engine, so I first gave sa-learn about a thousand spam messages and the
only complaint from sa-learn was about 10 lines of:

Parsing of undecoded UTF-8 will give garbage when decoding entities at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Mail/SpamAssassin/HTML.pm line 182.

then I fed it my mail box of about 1800 ham (~58MB) and got

Out of memory!

Which is not very promising at all. So why is sa-learn so upset?

Rich