Posted to user@struts.apache.org by an...@MUZE.com on 2003/07/31 16:34:07 UTC

Action uses Request Dispatcher

Hi, we have inherited an application and it my task to get it up and running
on WebSphere, I believe it was previously running in Tomcat, In one
particular action there is a call to RequestDispatcher's include method to
do some processing with a jsp page, the processing is not used in the view
at all, it basically an email template that they use a jsp page and jstl to
do the formatting which is later retrieved from a request attribute.

Now my problem is the by their action calling the include method and then
returning an ActionForward to the Struts controller which uses the
RequestDispatcher to forward to a view I'm naturally getting an
IllegalStateException because if I remember correctly you cannot use the
Requestdispatcher to include and then use it again later to forward? Any
ideas for workarounds or links confirming you can't include and then forward
would be appreciated, because if I have to prove this hunch if it is correct
in fact.

Thanks,

-Andre

Andre Mermegas