Posted to recruitment@openoffice.apache.org by Chris Vardy <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/03 13:37:50 UTC

Introduction

Hi there,

I am a contract solutions architect (aka freelancer) from the UK and I'm
interested in contributing to OpenOffice.

I have a background in software development in C, C++ etc. primarily on
Windows and more recently Linux.  However development is no longer my main
professional activity; architecture and design is.

I work in the enterprise space i.e. on corporate business solutions and
have worked for Microsoft, Cap Gemini, IBM.

My drivers are twofold; firstly keeping up with my development skills and
secondly giving back to the OSS community (I have been a user and advocate
for many years now).

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
Chris.

Re: Introduction

Posted by "Lic. Kai Olaf K e t e l h u t" <ka...@gmail.com>.
 C#
AOO-kernel
Sufilcillin

--
 OrG
value?   fuck.classList

;

Welcome, how we work, what you can do (was: Re: Introduction)

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
Hi Chris, and all others who are interested,

welcome to Apache OpenOffice.

Despite what you can read, we are basically anarchistic organized. Which
means: No one is gonna tell you what to do. It is up to you. To be
honest this is the biggest obstacle to volunteers interested in joining
OpenOffice.

To help people to find their ways we try to help to the best of our
abilities. We communicate mainly over @dev mailing list.
So feel free to ask and talk your way through. you can search the list
for answers at [0]
We have created a list of generic fields you can get active in link [1].
We have also a lot written to cwiki [1] or mwiki (architecture page) [2].

What else.
I am trying an "Epic" List at [3], trying to cluster Bugs, hoping to
create a plan how to solve multiple bugs in a workflow.
Our official bug tracker is Bugzilla [4].
You can offer code via github [5]. We accept pull request there, to make
it simple for code contributors.

So have you already looked at the code? What do you think of the
architecture? What Ideology do you follow? Clean Architecture from Uncle
Bob?
Would you stick to C / C++ or rather move OpenOffice to Java or rust? or
what are your thoughts how should OpenOffice evolve?

All the Best
Peter
[0] https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@openoffice.apache.org
[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Help+Wanted