Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chris Miles <ch...@chrismiles.org> on 2010/06/25 22:51:05 UTC

Nested Iterator Problem

Hi

I am running a nested iterator as follows:

<s:iterator value="shippingDetails" var="individualDetail" status="stat">
        <ul class="confirmOrderShippingDetailsAddress">
            <li><s:property value="#individualDetail.firstName"/> <s:property value="#individualDetail.lastName"/></li>
            <li><s:property value="#individualDetail.houseNumberName"/> <s:property value="#individualDetail.streetName"/></li>
            <li><s:property value="#individualDetail.cityTown"/></li>
            <li><s:property value="#individualDetail.districtCounty"/>, <s:property value="#individualDetail.postCode"/></li>
        </ul>
        <s:iterator value="#individualDetail.products" var="product">
            <ul class="confirmOrderShippingDetailsProduct">
                <li><strong><s:property value="#product.name"/></strong></li>
                <li><span class="confirmOrderShippingDetailsProductPrice">£<s:property value="#product.price"/></span></li>
            </ul>
        </s:iterator>
</s:iterator>

Rendering fails as soon as the second property (price) is called on the product. Price exists and just for testing purposes I tried to render the product name a second time instead and it still fails. Any more HTML which is to be displayed within that iterator never gets rendered and the parent iterator continues.

No errors being debugged anywhere.

I can not figure this out.

Thanks

Chris

Re: Nested Iterator Problem

Posted by Chris Miles <ch...@chrismiles.org>.
Hi,

Thanks. My action class is as follows. It is very basic. The confusion is
that I can call a property once but it fails as soon as I try to even call
the same property a second time. It is beyond reasoning.

Chris

package sentiments.struts2.checkout;

import sentiments.struts2.ShopAction;
import sentiments.business.service.ShopService;
import sentiments.business.domain.cart.Item;
import sentiments.business.domain.cart.Order;
import sentiments.business.domain.PersonalDetails;
import sentiments.business.domain.Product;

import javax.ejb.EJB;
import java.util.List;
import java.util.Calendar;
import java.util.ArrayList;

import com.opensymphony.xwork2.Action;

public class ProcessOrderAction extends ShopAction {
    @EJB
    private ShopService shopService;
    private Order order;
    private List<Item> items;
    private List<PersonalDetails> shippingDetails;

    public void prepare() throws Exception {
        this.items = this.getCartMgr().getItems();
        this.shippingDetails = buildUniqueShippingDetails();
        attachItemsToShippingDetails();
    }

    private void attachItemsToShippingDetails() {
        for (PersonalDetails shippingDetails : this.shippingDetails) {
            List<Product> products = new ArrayList<Product>();
            // For each item in the cart.
            for (Item item : this.items) {
                // If this item is being sent to that shipping address.
                if (item.getShippingDetails().equals(shippingDetails)) {
                    products.add(item.getProduct());
                }
            }
            // Attach the products.
            shippingDetails.setProducts(products);
        }
    }

    private List<PersonalDetails> buildUniqueShippingDetails() {
        List<PersonalDetails> personalDetailses =
                new ArrayList<PersonalDetails>();

        for (Item item : this.items) {
            PersonalDetails existingShippingDetails =
item.getShippingDetails();
            if (existingShippingDetails != null
                    && !personalDetailses.contains(existingShippingDetails))
{
                personalDetailses.add(existingShippingDetails);
            }
        }
        return personalDetailses;
    }

    public String confirmOrderDetails() throws Exception {
        this.addActionMessage("Please confim your order. Once you place the
order payment will be taken.");
        return Action.SUCCESS;
    }

    public Order getOrder() {
        return order;
    }

    public void setOrder(Order order) {
        this.order = order;
    }

    public List<Item> getItems() {
        return items;
    }

    public void setItems(List<Item> items) {
        this.items = items;
    }

    public List<PersonalDetails> getShippingDetails() {
        return shippingDetails;
    }

    public void setShippingDetails(List<PersonalDetails> shippingDetails) {
        this.shippingDetails = shippingDetails;
    }
}

Posted by Ken <ke...@aerose.com>.

Re: Nested Iterator Problem

Posted by Chris Miles <ch...@chrismiles.org>.
Out of interest I tried the html character for the pound sign and it works
now.

Strange that would make it fail when the tag should not care about the HTML
content nested within it.

Chris

Re: Nested Iterator Problem

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.
On my screen it looks like there's a British pound sign in the text, which I
believe is outside the ASCII characters set, I'm just wondering if that
could be causing the trouble.  It's definitely something I've never tried
myself.
  (*Chris*)

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 2:14 PM, <ch...@chrismiles.org> wrote:

> Hi Chris. Thanks for responding. I can not see any invalid characters?
>
> Chris
>
> > Not sure but it looks like there's an invalid character in there.  Could
> > that be fouling things up?
> >   (*Chris*)
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Chris Miles <ch...@chrismiles.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone have any ideas? Tearing my hair out with this.
> >>

> >> Chris
> >>
> >> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Miles" <ch...@chrismiles.org>
> >> Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 9:47 PM
> >>
> >> Subject: Re: Nested Iterator Problem
> >>

> >>  Is there anything else in the logging I can enable to try and find out
> >> why

Re: Nested Iterator Problem

Posted by ch...@chrismiles.org.

Re: Nested Iterator Problem