Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2010/03/22 02:43:14 UTC

IllegalStateException: No SessionHandler or SessionManager

I noticed the following when upgrading to Jetty7
(with last OWB M4 and trunk)

SEVERE: Caught an Exception while starting a fresh session!
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No SessionHandler or SessionManager
       at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Request.getSession(Request.java:1096)
       at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Request.getSession(Request.java:1086)
       at org.apache.webbeans.servlet.WebBeansConfigurationListener.requestInitialized(WebBeansConfigurationListener.java:115)
       at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:919)
       at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:362)
       at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:867)
       at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)
       at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:245)
       at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:126)
       at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:113)
       at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:559)
       at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:992)
       at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:541)
       at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:203)
       at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:406)
       at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:462)
       at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:436)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: IllegalStateException: No SessionHandler or SessionManager

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
The bug is already fixed in the jetty SVN afaik.

I will ask Greg or Jan when they like to release a new version of jetty7. I'm also not really sure if maven.central contains the very last jetty7 version available. Jetty moved to eclipse.org, and based on my experience with jgit, this really slows down the whole IP and release process.

So what exact version of jetty7 did you use?

LieGrue,
strub

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: IllegalStateException: No SessionHandler or SessionManager

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com>.