Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2013/06/20 16:02:08 UTC

What to do with lucene.ao/core/old_versioned_docs ?

Hi,

while updating the javadocs to not expose the frame injection javascript bug (as recommended by infra), I noticed that we still have the very special case of old_versioned_docs which is *not* part of the main website tree. It’s a separate SVN checkout without using the CMS. This folder contains old javadocs and version-specific forrest-sites of Lucene versions 2.9.0 to 3.5.x. 3.6.x (also forrest) is already as extpath in the new tree.

We have two possibilities to clean this up:
- revert the old_versioned_docs extra folder and add the included javadocs as extpath like we do since 3.6.0
- delete 2.9 to 3.5 alltogether. Please note that we did this before, too. We no longer have the old forrest pages of lucene versions prior 2.9.

I have no special preference, I can manage to do the task (especially deactivate the special "old_versioned_docs" hack in svnpubsub). Infra was also not very happy about that in IRC... Both options above can be done in SVN and reverting the redirect hacks done by Grant at that time (extpath.txt was not available at that time, I think).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

RE: What to do with lucene.ao/core/old_versioned_docs ?

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
I will for now clean this up. We can remove older javadocs later. I just want to get rid of the crazy old_versioned_docs extra path in svn

- I changed extpaths.txt to have new entries for all those old versions.
- I changed .htaccess t do redirect correctly (so back from the temporary path to where they should be)
- I SVN copied the docs

Uwe

-----
Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.