Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/05 01:25:44 UTC

Solr contribs build and jar-of-jars

Has anybody tried packaging the contrib distribution jars in the
jar-of-jars format? Or merging all included jars into one super-jar?

The OpenNLP contrib has a Lucene analyze, 3 external jars, and Solr
classes. Packaging this sucker is proving painful in the extreme. UIMA
has the same problem. 'ant' has a task for generating the manifest
class path for a jar-of-jars, and the technique actually works:

http://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/manifestclasspath.html
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/858766/generate-manifest-class-path-from-classpath-in-ant
http://grokbase.com/t/ant/user/0213wdmn51/building-a-fileset-dynamically#20020103j47ufvwooklrovrjfdvirgohe4

If this works completely, it seems like the right way to build the
dist/ jars for the contribs.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Solr contribs build and jar-of-jars

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
I found a couple implementations of a crazy classloader that finds
jars inside a jar. I tested the 'zipfileset' feature of 'ant zip'
which works well. It unpacks the outboard jar directly into the target
without making a separate staging directory, and ran surprisingly fast
on my laptop. So, jars-in-a-jar are a less optimal feature than they
used to be.

Yeah, I know about the Maven plugin. Mahout uses it, and it does an
INFO log for every stinking class file it repacks. Like I care!

Posted by Chantal Ackermann <c....@it-agenten.com>.
Hi Lance,