Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2013/11/02 18:16:34 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Gora

The Apache Gora open source framework provides an in-memory data model and
persistence for big data. Gora supports persisting to column stores, key
value stores, document stores and RDBMSs, and analyzing the data with
extensive Apache Hadoop MapReduce support.

Project Releases

The last release of Gora (0.3) was on 8th May 2013.

Overall Project Activity since last report

Project activity has been reasonably quiet with much less mailing list
activity than the summer quarter.
There has however been promising activity from a new member of the
community Yasin Tamer. We are currently working on GORA_94 a branch
of the trunk code which focuses on a long-overdue upgrade of our
legacy Avro dependencies from 1.3.3 to 1.7.5. As this is a major
undertaking therefore once this is addressed we will be pushing a release
candidate for 0.4.

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

Roland von Herget joined as PMC member and committer
on Thu, 7th Mar 2013.

Gora again participated in this years Google Summer of Code program.
Our student Apos Gianakiddis successfully completed his
project and Renato Marroquin (already a member of the Gora PMC)
was also successful in integrating Gora into Apache Giraph
as part of his GSoC project.
Mailing list numbers are as follows
user: from 46 --> 49
dev:  from 62 --> 60

Changes to PMC & Committers

Nothing to report.

PMC and Committer diversity

We currently have committers from a wide variety of Apache projects
including, Nutch, Tika, OODT, Camel, Solr, Accumulo, Whirr, Hadoop,
Any23 & HBase (this is not an exhaustive list).

Re: [REPORT] Apache Gora

Posted by Apostolis Giannakidis <ap...@gmail.com>.
Looks good to me too. Would it be possible to just correct my name on the
report please?

Thanks

Re: [REPORT] Apache Gora

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.