Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Thomas Sempf <xi...@chaosmachine.de> on 2002/03/16 18:13:34 UTC

Problems with xupdate

Hello,

i´ve trying to do some xupdate instructions. But every time i get:

XML:DB Exception occured 1

and nothing is updated.
Here is my xupdate code:

try {
	String xupdate = "<xu:modifications version=\"1.0\"" +
	"      xmlns:xu=\"http://www.xmldb.org/xupdate\">" +
	"   <xu:update select=\"/page/header/"+nodeid+ "\">" +node +
"</xu:update>"+
	"</xu:modifications>";

	System.out.println( xupdate );

	XUpdateQueryService service =(XUpdateQueryService)
col.getService("XUpdateQueryService", "1.0");
	service.updateResource( Integer.toString( kernid ), xupdate );
	return true;
}

By the way, i open the db in an other routine.
So any advice out there?

Greetings
Thomas Sempf

Re: Problems with xupdate

Posted by "Mark J. Stang" <ma...@earthlink.net>.
What I have seen with xupdate is that it is usually silent if
there is a problem.   Could you send your output(the xupdate string)?
My gut instinct is that the XML:DB is related to either then
name of the collection or something not being initialized.
Can you put some code in to make sure that the

        XUpdateQueryService service =(XUpdateQueryService)
        col.getService("XUpdateQueryService", "1.0");
        service.updateResource( Integer.toString( kernid ), xupdate );

is working.   I take it kernid is the key of the document that you
inserted?

HTH,

Mark