Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Norbert Burger <no...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/04 17:42:47 UTC

regions not balanced, CDH4.1.2

We upgraded to CDH4.1.2 (contains HBASE-3373) in one of our
environments.  After filling that environment with data, I was
surprised to see that regions were not balanced across regionservers
at the table level.  We have restarted all regionservers at least once
here.

In [1], I see Stack's reference to temporarily adding
"hbase.master.startup.retainassign=false" and restarting nodes.  Is
this a necessary step on the path to region balancing nirvana?

Norbert

[1] http://search-hadoop.com/m/MQSPEyUQIv1

Re: regions not balanced, CDH4.1.2

Posted by Norbert Burger <no...@gmail.com>.
Forcing hbase.master.loadbalance.bytable=true seems to have resolved
my balance issue.  Thanks again.

Norbert

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Norbert Burger <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the information.

Please turn on per-table load balancing and tell us what it looks like.

Posted by Norbert Burger <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.