Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Angel Todorov <at...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/08 21:47:29 UTC

WSDoAllReceiver/Sender ?

Hi guys,

What is the purpose of the WSDoAllReceiver / Sender handlers, which
come after the RampartReceiver/Senders ? I noticed they are configured
in the module.xml of rampart. Can't all processing be done using one
set of receiver / sender handlers?

Also, as far as i can see, in the latest HEAD revision at least, the
WSDoAllReceiver and Sender are deprecated.

Can you briefly explain the sequence flow in the handlers - for
example, are policies loaded /built only once, or on each request ?

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Angel

Re: WSDoAllReceiver/Sender ?

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Angel,

WSDoAllReceiver / Sender handlers are the initial set of handlers we
used with the Rampart-1.0 type configuration. RampartSender adn
RampartReceiver handlers were developed solely on policy based
configuration. The intention was to easily remove the earlier
configuration ... but I believe we will have to keep those handlers
and support the earlier configuration model at least for the next
release (1.2).

As for the flow, all requests will flow through both sets of handlers.
But WSDOAll* handlers will work only if Rampart-1.0 style
configuration is available. In the case where policy is available the
new set of handlers (RampartSender/Receiver) will work on the message.

Thanks,
Ruchith

--
www.ruchith.org