Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by durga devi <du...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/24 07:42:41 UTC

Having Problems installing Chiton

Sir/Madam,

    I am new to Ubuntu.
    I am getting the following Problem when insatlling the chiton in ubuntu
10.4

    From this link http://tinyurl.com/24gdgkv
    I set the PYHTONPATH as  export
   PYTHONPATH=/home/durga/driftx-
   Telephus-fb32fc7/:/home/durga/driftx-chiton-bd91965/:/usr/bin/python/
   And i run the  /driftx-chiton-bd91965/bin/./chiton-client

   I had the following Problem http://pastebin.com/29T12wef

   I am unble to sort out where this problem is occurring while in
   installation.

Thanks & Regards,
B.Durgadevi

Re: Having Problems installing Chiton

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
You need to have the python thrift client and the generated cassandra thrift library in the python path.

To get the thrift library I followed this guide http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/InstallThrift There may be an easier way though.

It looks like the Telephus client includes the cassandra package but not the thrift package.

Aaron

From this link http://tinyurl.com/24gdgkv