Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2018/11/29 16:48:00 UTC

board report - to be submitted 18 dec

Please reply with items to include.  I'll include the normal releases, new
committer, and some statements about Java 11 build enablement.

Thanks! -Marshall

Re: board report - to be submitted 18 dec

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
here's the report that was submitted:

Board report for Apache UIMA, for December 2018.

Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source software
related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the UIMA Oasis
Standard.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 16 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Lou DeGenaro on Mon May 02 2016

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 25 committers.
 - Last new committer: Viorel Morari was added as a committer on Thu Sep 20 2018

 ## Releases:

 2 releases of the main UIMA Java SDK were done;
 - 2.10.3SDK was released on Wed Nov 28 2018
 - 3.0.1SDK was released on Wed Nov 28 2018

Activity:
  We updated our project-wide parent POM to current levels, and incorporated
  changes to accommodate Apache policies on changes to SHA1 / MD5 checksums.

  We upgraded our build release process to work with Java 11, as well as Java 8.
  The Java SDK, uimaFIT, UIMA-AS, DUCC, RUTA are actively being worked on.

  The UIMA C++ version, after a long while of no volunteers to work on it,
  has sprung to life, with one new contributor working to upgrade it to
  current levels and get the test cases working again.

Community: The community continues to be moderately active.

Issues: No Board level issues at this time.

-Marshall Schor on behalf of the Apache UIMA PMC

Re: board report - to be submitted 12 dec

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Lou.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.