Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sathya <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/04 10:59:04 UTC

How to index the data from db using Solandra

Hi Guys...
 I am new to solandra. How to index the data from database using solandra..
I was configure the Solandra by following this link
https://github.com/tjake/Solandra <https://github.com/tjake/Solandra>   and
i dont know how to index the data using solandra.. Please help me...

Re: How to index the data from db using Solandra

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi;

This is Solr user mailing list. This page:
https://github.com/tjake/Solandra/wiki/Solandra-Wiki points to a mail list
for Solandra. If you have Solr specific questions you can ask them here.

Thanks;
Furkan KAMACI

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Solandra was a prototype, an experiment. It was superceded by a commercial
product - DataStax Enterprise (DSE).

See:
http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/datastax-enterprise

Free support is available on Stack Overflow.

DSE differs from Solandra in that the Lucene index is kept in the native
file system just as with normal Lucene, as opposed to being kept in
Cassandra for Solandra, but both have the same goal of integrating Solr
indexing and query capabilities with Cassandra data storage. All of the data
is stored only in Cassandra and indexed in Solr. The only data stored in
Solr (besides the index) is the key for each document. Any access to stored
data (e.g., the Solr "fl" parameter) is redirected under the covers to
Cassandra, but from an app perspective the Solr HTTP API is supported, both
for updates and queries. Data can be updated and queried using the Cassandra
API(s) as well.

To be clear, DSE is a "database", not a "search platform". The idea is that
DSE can be the system of record, with data stored in Cassandra and can
easily be reindexed for Solr at any time from that Cassandra data.

-- Jack Krupansky