Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Raynhold <de...@mail.de> on 2021/01/12 15:18:38 UTC

Feasibility for service and document exchange (EDI) between OFBiz instances

Hello users and developers,

I am tasked with the examination about the functionality of some
business cases in Apache OFBiz. Mainly with the sale of products through
the e-commerce application, the reception of property, plant and
equipment (FixedAsset) and the preparation of a balance sheet.

I would like to know if Apache OFBiz can communicate, exchange documents
(EDI), with other instances or in case of a multi-tenant setup, the same
instance.

For example i have a multi-tenant setup with Tenant A and B
Tenant A buys over the e-commerce store from B a round gizmo.
Is there a way for A to get a fixed Asset of the gizmo without to create
it manually?

Furthermore is it possible to bind 2 services, in different instances,
together like sell and buy, like in the example above? To define a
business process which causes a reaction in another instance. Like the
transmission of a document (EDI)?

Best regards,
Raynhold

Re: Feasibility for service and document exchange (EDI) between OFBiz instances

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Dear Raynhold,
I was trying to explain to you the same. I think I was not clear enough.
Let me try to give more insights direct automatic functionality is not
available out of the box, but yes it can be achievable with minor effort
and customization. For example, create asset functionality available in
OFBiz. But if we want to create it automatically without user interaction
then we need that data over the OFBiz running instance. The data may be in
EDI (at FTP location or in request object) or it may be REST or SOAP
request from wherever it will come we can create fixed asset automatically.

That means no user interaction. Again, here we can do anything which you
know can be done by any other technologies. This is what I was trying to
explain. And if it is something Party B have the direct access to Party A
database then we can direct copy the values. But it should be allowed by
Party A.

Best Regards,
--
Rishi Solanki
*CTO, Mindpath Technology*

Posted by Raynhold <de...@mail.de>.
Hello Rishi,

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Raynhold,

Posted by Yashwant Dhakad <ya...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Raynhold,
We have one camel plugin in OFBiz for external communication. You can
explore this plugin https://github.com/bibryam/ofbiz-camel.

Kind Regards,
Yashwant Dhakad
Sr. Technical Consultant