Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/19 16:21:43 UTC

Does Zeppelin 0.7.1 work with Spark Structured Streaming 2.1.1?

Hi All,

I have the following code

StreamingQuery query = df2.writeStream().outputMode("complete").queryName(
"foo").option("truncate", "false").format("console").start();

query.awaitTermination();

and it works fine however when I change it to the below code. I do get the
output but only once and I tried running *%spark.sql select * from foo* over
and over again but I don't see results getting updated but in console
format like above it works perfect fine I can see updates on each batch so
should I be doing something else for memory sink?

StreamingQuery query =
df2.writeStream().outputMode("complete").queryName("foo").option("truncate",
"false").format("memory").start();

%spark.sql select * from foo

Thanks!

Re: Does Zeppelin 0.7.1 work with Spark Structured Streaming 2.1.1?

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>.
I think you can have one notebook for setup - calling the source and sink as you have below; then another notebook to run the %sql to read from memory temp view and output to a visualization.

This way you could have the 2nd notebook be a dashboard and run (i.e. refresh automatically) on a schedule.

As for
df2.writeStream().outputMode("complete").queryName("foo").option("truncate","false").format("console").start();

You can't use queryName with format console - this is not supported by Spark Structured Streaming.

_____________________________
Look for something that is more like in this video where the graphs automatically update themselves. Is that possible in Zeppelin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJmFTXvUZgY

You can watch it from 9:20

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 9:21 AM, kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi All,

I have the following code

StreamingQuery query = df2.writeStream().outputMode("complete").queryName("foo").option("truncate","false").format("console").start();

query.awaitTermination();

and it works fine however when I change it to the below code. I do get the output but only once and I tried running %spark.sql select * from foo over and over again but I don't see results getting updated but in console format like above it works perfect fine I can see updates on each batch so should I be doing something else for memory sink?

StreamingQuery query = df2.writeStream().outputMode("complete").queryName("foo").option("truncate", "false").format("memory").start();

Posted by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com>.