Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/16 10:35:13 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Please add more Description and information to JIRA issues

Hi All,

Apology for the cross-posting.

Please remember to add detail Description in the JIRA ticket to help
reproduce and prioritize the issues.
Assume that some other people will try to solve and reproduce the issues.

Adding information in JIRA issues is to help describe the issue and
steps to reproduce.
Adding information in Github PR is to describe how and what being
changed or added to solve the problem.

We will add guide about adding more Description and step to reproduce
for JIRA issues in the how to contribute page [1] to promote open and
transparent development in Apache Flink.

Thanks,

- Henry

[1] https://flink.apache.org/how-to-contribute.html

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Please add more Description and information to JIRA issues

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Max, Fabian,

As Fabian had mentioned, there are several JIRAs being opened without
details info.
We need to ask for more description of those JIRAs even though they
have Github PRs for proposed solution.

- Henry

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
+1 for your initiative, Henry.