Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jeff Pang <pa...@earthlink.net> on 2007/12/03 08:33:56 UTC

which mp for file downloading server?

We have another project to get start with, some linux hosts to server
file downloading requests.
Apache is just used to server static large files, without any external
modules, except the modperl handler for access control, like ip and
processes limit.
We have run mp1 in large application, and run it very well.
For this new project, should we choose mp1 or mp2 for better
performance and stablitity?
Thanks!

--
Jeff (yonghua) Pang
MailSys and Antispam with Perl

Re: which mp for file downloading server?

Posted by Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>.
On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 15:33:56 +0800
"Jeff Pang" <pa...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> We have another project to get start with, some linux hosts to server
> file downloading requests.
> Apache is just used to server static large files, without any external
> modules, except the modperl handler for access control, like ip and
> processes limit.
> We have run mp1 in large application, and run it very well.
> For this new project, should we choose mp1 or mp2 for better
> performance and stablitity?

  Definitely go with mp2.  If you can put a proxy like Perlbal,
  ngix, or even just mod_proxy out in front with a large buffer
  to help reduce the number of Apache processes you need for
  serving up these files.

   Frank Wiles, Revolution Systems, LLC.
     Personal : frank@wiles.org  http://www.wiles.org
     Work     : frank@revsys.com http://www.revsys.com