Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jonathan Hawkins <jo...@Cedar.com> on 2004/06/10 11:06:44 UTC

Invoke a Jetspeed Portlet from outside of the portal container

We have an excel spreadsheet that may contain financial ledger information
and URL that would call our application. Our application is an applet
running within an IFRAME portlet. This application works fine and we can
invoke it no problem from a URL within Jetspeed. Is there a mechanism
whereby we can invoke the Jetspeed portlet from outside of Jetspeed.

The only resolution I can think of so far is to have a jetspeed portlet
monitoring an execution queue which is not ideal.

Any thoughts ?

are addressed. Any unauthorised distribution or copying is strictly
prohibited.

Whilst Cedar Software Ltd takes steps to prevent the transmission of
viruses via e-mail, we can not guarantee that any email or
attachment is free from computer viruses and you are strongly
advised to undertake your own anti-virus precautions.

Cedar Software Ltd grants no warranties regarding performance,
use or quality of any e-mail or attachment and undertakes no
liability for loss or damage, howsoever caused.

CedAr is a leading UK supplier of Financial, eProcurement, Performance Management and, following the recent acquisition of Goldenhill Computer Systems Ltd, HR and Payroll software. Cedars solutions deliver increased capabilities and offer a direct and measurable financial return on investment.  The company has a customer base of more than 500 organisations in both the public and private sector.
Particular sector strengths include Airlines, Business Services,
Education, Emergency Services, Financial Services, Government, Health, Local Authorities, Not for Profit, Retail and Utilities.  For more
information, please visit www.cedar.com
2003 CedAr Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Cedar Software Ltd. Incorporation number 3214465

Re: IFramePortlet

Posted by Stefano Bianchi <st...@softeco.it>.
Dear Debora,
could you please explain a little better the problem you had?
I use only IFramePortlets to host my webapp and I never got this problem.

I deploy them under [TOMCAT]/webapps directory and use relative url for
navigation, submission etc.
Maybe you use absolute urls and since webapps are hosted in Jetspeed but are
in the same directory [TOMCAT]/webapps, once you perform an action it exit
Jetspeed and runs on its own (as Jetspeed...).

Can this help?
bye
Stefano