Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Pablo Bendersky <pb...@itineri.com> on 2001/05/02 14:30:10 UTC

Internationalization

Hello !
I'm trying to find the best way to implement a site in multiple languajes
using cocoon.

I had one idea, which was to include on every XML file a section like
<strings>
	<string1>hello</string1>
</strings>

and this... So the generated XML would depend on the languaje selected by
the user.

Is it the best way to do it ? I think it's not because I'm not separating in
a whole way content from presentation, because the strings used for a html
page can differ from the strings needed for a pdf file.

Thanks a lot for your ideas.

	Pablo Bendersky
	pbendersky@itineri.com

Re: Internationalization

Posted by Oskar Werewka <ow...@poczta.onet.pl>.

>I don't know if you use Cocoon 1.8 or Cocoon 2. If you use C2 have a
>look at the I18nTransformer.

I am waiting for official C2 distribution.

RE: Internationalization

Posted by Pablo Bendersky <pb...@itineri.com>.
Sorry, I can't find it. Where is the source code ?

Can I use it in Cocoon 1.8 ? I've read somewhere there was a version.

Thanks  a lot.

Re: Internationalization

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.

Re: Internationalization

Posted by Anthony Mills <py...@yahoo.com>.
Could you not use a stylesheet?  The stylesheet goes through and replaces
your tags with the international strings, and then you continue on as
normal.  This has the added benifit of allowing you to change word order if
needed. And it would keep everything in XML.

i.e.  "<hello />" could be replaced with "Hello, <fname />".

Anthony

RE: Internationalization

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
Have a look at the documents.