Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2005/11/05 20:04:37 UTC

Re: Documentation TODOs for 2.2

Sander Temme wrote:

> On Oct 30, 2005, at 2:05 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
>

>> I'm just looking at docs/2.1 and noting some existing pages that
>> definitely
>> need updating.  No reference to pages that need writing, or to non-
>> English
>> versions of anything.  I might tackle some of these myself, but no
>> promises.
>>
>> *** = really important, ** = should do, * = would be nice
>>

> I just upgraded www.apache.org to 2.1.9, and the main holdup was the
> authn/authz modules... I'd put three stars *** next to some
> documentation on upgrading a given 2.0 AAA configuration to its 2.2
> equivalent.

This file has been largely abandoned, but I will not that its existence
anyway, in case someone wants to update it:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/STATUS

Joshua.

Re: Documentation TODOs for 2.2

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Saturday 05 November 2005 19:04, Joshua Slive wrote:
> Sander Temme wrote:
> > I just upgraded www.apache.org to 2.1.9, and the main holdup was the
> > authn/authz modules... I'd put three stars *** next to some
> > documentation on upgrading a given 2.0 AAA configuration to its 2.2
> > equivalent.

Agreed, that wants updating.  Did I already say it wants more clarity (or
maybe emphasis) about htaccess?  There are still folks on IRC saying
things like "it said htaccess in the docs".

> This file has been largely abandoned, but I will not that its existence
> anyway, in case someone wants to update it:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/STATUS

Which file is that?  We need to have authn properly documented,
and the current howto is out of date in important details.

I'm inclined to call that and the filter page showstoppers, the
others nice-to-haves.  Anyone flog me a round tuit on ebay?

--
Nick Kew