Posted to dev@empire-db.apache.org by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de> on 2011/04/01 09:54:25 UTC

re: EMPIREDB-99 Remove optional support for old style error handing

Hi Franics,

sorry but currently a day just hasn't got enough hours to do it all.

In my view the removal of the old style error handling will be the biggest API change since we entered incubation and thus it will affect backwards compatibility for code that is currently not using exceptions.
Ideally code that is currently using exceptions (ErrorObject.setExceptionsEnabled(true)) - like the examples - should still work without changes if possible.

Basically we need to remove the class ErrorObject and change all Boolean return values to void. But this probably sounds easier as it is. However I would like to keep the EmpireException and the error type definition (ErrorType) as it is.

Once the core is changed, the most difficult task will probably be to apply the changes to the empire-struts2-extentions.

We should make a code branch for this.

These are just some of my ideas.
Everyone who wants to bring in ideas is welcome.

Regards
Rainer