Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Lavandowska <fl...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/22 23:57:47 UTC

OT: Helping Glenn (was Re: commons dbcp or pool problems)

--- Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net> wrote:
> Worse than using sql within a JSP, the customer turned almost their
> entire web site into a bunch of JSP pages to dynamically generate
> the content from a db.  But they only change the db 5-6 times a day.

In the Commons-Pool is a taglib for caching portions (or all) of a
page.  Since they are already using this package (for DBCP) perhaps it
wouldn't be hard to convince them to cache the pages... ?

Lance

Re: OT: Helping Glenn (was Re: commons dbcp or pool problems)

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
Thanks for the suggestion.

The issue of caching pages was discussed weeks ago with the customer.
But of course the customer doesn't have time to make changes now,
it has to go into production.  They have something that "works".

If they eventually have time to redesign the application I will
recommend that they change the application to regenerate and publish
static pages based on changes to the data rather than implement caching.

Glenn

Re: OT: Helping Glenn - Last Post, honest

Posted by Lavandowska <fl...@yahoo.com>.
--- Lavandowska <fl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net> wrote:
> > Worse than using sql within a JSP, the customer turned almost their
> > entire web site into a bunch of JSP pages to dynamically generate
> > the content from a db.  But they only change the db 5-6 times a
> day.
>
> In the Commons-Pool is a taglib for caching portions (or all) of a
> page.  Since they are already using this package (for DBCP) perhaps
> it
> wouldn't be hard to convince them to cache the pages... ?

My apologies, its in Commons-Cache (in the sandbox). Nevermind...