Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by ivanrc <ir...@indra.es> on 2007/11/06 10:08:49 UTC

Configure and Deploy JMS Resources in Geronimo 2.0.2

Hello,

 I´m trying to configure and deploy JMS Resources in Geronimo 2.0.2. I´ve
got the connector xml file below that is for geronimo 1.1

I want to know what I have to change in this file and how to deploy it,
because i trying to use...

deploy.bat deploy my-JMS-resources-plan.xml
repository/activemq/rars/activemq.rar

... and It in this version doesn´t work.

Thanks.

my-JMS-resources-plan.xml:

<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector"
configId="SampleJMSResources" parentId="geronimo/activemq/1.0/car">
	<resourceadapter>
		<resourceadapter-instance>
			<resourceadapter-name>SampleJMSResources</resourceadapter-name>
			<config-property-setting
name="ServerUrl">tcp://localhost:61616</config-property-setting>
			<workmanager>
				<gbean-link>DefaultWorkManager</gbean-link>
			</workmanager>
		</resourceadapter-instance>
		<!-- defines a ConnectionFactory -->
		<outbound-resourceadapter>
			<connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-interface>
				<connectiondefinition-instance>
					<name>SampleConnectionFactory</name>

<implemented-interface>javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>

<implemented-interface>javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>
					<connectionmanager>
						<xa-transaction>
							<transaction-caching />
						</xa-transaction>
						<single-pool>
							<max-size>10</max-size>
							<min-size>0</min-size>
							<blocking-timeout-milliseconds>5000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
							<idle-timeout-minutes>0</idle-timeout-minutes>
							<match-one />
						</single-pool>
					</connectionmanager>
					<global-jndi-name>jms/SampleConectionFactory</global-jndi-name>
				</connectiondefinition-instance>
			</connection-definition>
		</outbound-resourceadapter>
	</resourceadapter>
	<!-- defines a Topic -->
	<adminobject>
		<adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Topic</adminobject-interface>

<adminobject-class>org.codehaus.activemq.message.ActiveMQTopic</adminobject-class>
		<adminobject-instance>
			<message-destination-name>SampleTopic</message-destination-name>
			<config-property-setting
name="PhysicalName">SampleTopic</config-property-setting>
		</adminobject-instance>
	</adminobject>
	<!-- defines a Queue -->
	<adminobject>
		<adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Queue</adminobject-interface>

<adminobject-class>org.codehaus.activemq.message.ActiveMQQueue</adminobject-class>
		<adminobject-instance>
			<message-destination-name>SampleQueue</message-destination-name>
			<config-property-setting
name="PhysicalName">SampleQueue</config-property-setting>
		</adminobject-instance>
	</adminobject>
</connector>

Re: Configure and Deploy JMS Resources in Geronimo 2.0.2

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 11/6/07, ivanrc <ir...@indra.es> wrote:

> and my jndi.parameters are...
>
> java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory
> java.naming.provider.url=tcp://localhost:61616
> topic.MyTopic=jms/CustomerServiceTopic
>
> but always obtain javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot lookup

Use the remote client sample as a reference:

package pl.jaceklaskowski.ticketservice;

import java.util.Properties;
import javax.jms.MessageProducer;
import javax.jms.Queue;
import javax.jms.QueueConnection;
import javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory;
import javax.jms.QueueSession;
import javax.jms.Session;
import javax.jms.TextMessage;
import javax.naming.Context;
import javax.naming.InitialContext;

public class TicketServiceClient {

    private final static int NUMBER_OF_MESSAGES = 1;

        Properties env = new Properties();
        env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "tcp://localhost:61616");
        env.put("connectionFactoryNames", "TicketConnectionFactory");
        env.put("queue.TicketQueue", "TicketQueue");
        Context jndiContext = new InitialContext(env);

        QueueConnectionFactory factory = (QueueConnectionFactory)
jndiContext.lookup("TicketConnectionFactory");
        Queue queue = (Queue) jndiContext.lookup("TicketQueue");

        QueueConnection connection = factory.createQueueConnection();
        QueueSession session = connection.createQueueSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
        MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer(queue);

        for (int i = 0; i < NUMBER_OF_MESSAGES; i++) {
            System.out.println("Wysylana wiadomosc nr #" + i);
            TextMessage txtMsg = session.createTextMessage();
            txtMsg.setText("Wiadomosc od Jacka o numerze #" + i);
            producer.send(txtMsg);
        }

        session.close();
        connection.close();
    }
}

Change the managed object names appropriately.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: Configure and Deploy JMS Resources in Geronimo 2.0.2

Posted by ivanrc <ir...@indra.es>.
yes I tried It. I´ve created a ConnectionGroup
(CustomerServiceConnectionGroup
(console.jms/CustomerServiceConnectionGroup/1.0/rar) with a
ConnectionFactory (named  	IHCIConnectionFactory) and topic (named
CustomerServiceTopic) but I can not obtain ConectionFactory. I tried use
this...

TopicConnectionFactory factory =
(javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory)ctx.lookup("IHCIConnectionFactory");

and this

TopicConnectionFactory factory =
(javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory)ctx.lookup("jms/IHCIConnectionFactory");

and my jndi.parameters are...

java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory
java.naming.provider.url=tcp://localhost:61616
topic.MyTopic=jms/CustomerServiceTopic

but always obtain javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot lookup

Other thing, is that I don´t know how to modify a ConnectionGroup after
created it.

could you help me?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 11/6/07, Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you tried using the JMS Resources portlet in the Admin Console?

Admin Console is broken on Jetty due to java.io.IOException: FULL head
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3523). It might work
fine on Tomcat, though (I didn't try it out myself).

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: Configure and Deploy JMS Resources in Geronimo 2.0.2

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ivanrc <ir...@indra.es>.

Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> [...]
>
> <implemented-interface>javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>
>           <connectionmanager>
>             <xa-transaction>
>               <transaction-caching />
>             </xa-transaction>
>             <single-pool>
>               <max-size>10</max-size>
>               <min-size>0</min-size>
>
> <blocking-timeout-milliseconds>5000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
>               <idle-timeout-minutes>0</idle-timeout-minutes>
>               <match-one />
>             </single-pool>
>           </connectionmanager>
>         </connectiondefinition-instance>
>       </connection-definition>
>     </outbound-resourceadapter>
>   </resourceadapter>
>   <adminobject>
>     <adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Topic</adminobject-interface>
>
> <adminobject-class>org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTopic</adminobject-class>
>     <adminobject-instance>
>       <message-destination-name>SampleTopic</message-destination-name>
>       <config-property-setting
> name="PhysicalName">SampleTopic</config-property-setting>
>     </adminobject-instance>
>   </adminobject>
>   <adminobject>
>     <adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Queue</adminobject-interface>
>
> <adminobject-class>org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue</adminobject-class>
>     <adminobject-instance>
>       <message-destination-name>SampleQueue</message-destination-name>
>       <config-property-setting
> name="PhysicalName">SampleQueue</config-property-setting>
>     </adminobject-instance>
>   </adminobject>
> </connector>
>
> The command to deploy the file is as follows:
>
> jlaskowski@dev /cygdrive/c/geronimo-jetty6-jee5-2.0.2
> $ ./bin/deploy.sh --user system --password manager deploy
> my-JMS-resources-plan.xml
> repository/org/apache/geronimo/modules/geronimo-activemq-ra/2.0.2/geronimo-activemq-ra-2.0.2.rar
> Using GERONIMO_BASE:   c:\geronimo-jetty6-jee5-2.0.2
> Using GERONIMO_HOME:   c:\geronimo-jetty6-jee5-2.0.2
> Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: c:\geronimo-jetty6-jee5-2.0.2\var\temp
> Using JRE_HOME:        c:\apps\java5\jre
>     Deployed default/geronimo-activemq-ra-2.0.2.rar/1194341150421/rar
>
> and you can see the managed objects deployed to Geronimo in the web
> console:
>
>   http://localhost:8080/console/portal/services/services_jms
>
> SampleJMSResources
> (default/geronimo-activemq-ra-2.0.2.rar/1194341150421/rar)
> Type 	Name 	Deployed As 	State 	Actions
> Connection Factory 	SampleConnectionFactory 	Server-wide 	running
> Queue 	SampleQueue 	Server-wide 	running
> Topic 	SampleTopic 	Server-wide 	running
>
> These managed objects are server-wide so all applications can use it.
> If you want to "bind" these managed objects to your application, place
> the xml file within geronimo-application.xml of your application.

it works! thanks :)

Re: Configure and Deploy JMS Resources in Geronimo 2.0.2

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
> [...]

      <config-property-setting
name="PhysicalName">SampleQueue</config-property-setting>
    </adminobject-instance>
  </adminobject>
</connector>

The command to deploy the file is as follows:

jlaskowski@dev /cygdrive/c/geronimo-jetty6-jee5-2.0.2
$ ./bin/deploy.sh --user system --password manager deploy
my-JMS-resources-plan.xml
repository/org/apache/geronimo/modules/geronimo-activemq-ra/2.0.2/geronimo-activemq-ra-2.0.2.rar
Using GERONIMO_BASE:   c:\geronimo-jetty6-jee5-2.0.2
Using GERONIMO_HOME:   c:\geronimo-jetty6-jee5-2.0.2
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: c:\geronimo-jetty6-jee5-2.0.2\var\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        c:\apps\java5\jre
    Deployed default/geronimo-activemq-ra-2.0.2.rar/1194341150421/rar

and you can see the managed objects deployed to Geronimo in the web console:

SampleJMSResources (default/geronimo-activemq-ra-2.0.2.rar/1194341150421/rar)