Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Jaeger <mj...@netcetera.ch> on 2004/05/27 15:07:07 UTC

Maven repository setup

Hi together

I'm trying to set up a companywide remote repository. The goal is to host
our own plugins and different plugins from the net.

Because StatCVS is not longer in the Maven default package I tried to do
this:

1) Webserver with rsync to ibiblio in my company (DONE)

2) Added the new StatCVS plugin from http://statcvs-xml.berlios.de/ in the
directorystructure:
http://myserver/maven/plugins/maven-statcvs-plugin-2.4.jar
(?is this the right place?)

3) because this is not working alone i tried to download the plugin from
the remoteRepository to my localRepo:
maven plugin:download -Dmaven.repo.remote=http://myserver/
-DgroupId=maven -DartifactId=maven-statcvs-plugin -Dversion=2.4

The download did work but I wasn't able to produce the report then.I
think I'm missing something important. I think I have to expand the jar
file to the local maven home, but I don't know how.
Do you know, what could be wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Martin

"Maven is great!"

Re: Maven repository setup

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
> I'm trying to set up a companywide remote repository. The goal is to host
> our own plugins and different plugins from the net.
>
> Because StatCVS is not longer in the Maven default package I tried to do
> this:
>
> 1) Webserver with rsync to ibiblio in my company (DONE)
>
> 2) Added the new StatCVS plugin from http://statcvs-xml.berlios.de/ in the
> directorystructure:
> http://myserver/maven/plugins/maven-statcvs-plugin-2.4.jar
> (?is this the right place?)

No, with your rsync, you get the plugin. it's here on ibiblio
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/statcvs/plugins/

Instead of a rsync, you can use the maven proxy
(http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/MavenProxy)

> 3) because this is not working alone i tried to download the plugin from
> the remoteRepository to my localRepo:
> maven plugin:download -Dmaven.repo.remote=http://myserver/
> -DgroupId=maven -DartifactId=maven-statcvs-plugin -Dversion=2.4
>
> The download did work but I wasn't able to produce the report then.I
> think I'm missing something important. I think I have to expand the jar
> file to the local maven home, but I don't know how.
> Do you know, what could be wrong?

You must add the report declaration for statcvs in your project.xml.

Emmanuel