Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Randall Hauch <rh...@apache.org> on 2020/07/21 02:50:07 UTC

[VOTE] 2.6.0 RC1

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the second candidate for release of Apache Kafka 2.6.0. This is a
major release that includes many new features, including:

* TLSv1.3 has been enabled by default for Java 11 or newer.
* Smooth scaling out of Kafka Streams applications
* Kafka Streams support for emit on change
* New metrics for better operational insight
* Kafka Connect can automatically create topics for source connectors
* Improved error reporting options for sink connectors in Kafka Connect
* New Filter and conditional SMTs in Kafka Connect
* The default value for the `client.dns.lookup` configuration is
now `use_all_dns_ips`
* Upgrade Zookeeper to 3.5.8

This release also includes a few other features, 76 improvements, and 165
bug fixes.

Release notes for the 2.6.0 release:
https://home.apache.org/~rhauch/kafka-2.6.0-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Monday, July 20, 9am PT

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
https://home.apache.org/~rhauch/kafka-2.6.0-rc1/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

* Javadoc:
https://home.apache.org/~rhauch/kafka-2.6.0-rc1/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 2.6 branch) is the 2.6.0 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/2.6.0-rc1

* Documentation:
https://kafka.apache.org/26/documentation.html

* Protocol:
https://kafka.apache.org/26/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 2.6 branch:
Unit/integration tests: https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-2.6-jdk8/91/ (one
flaky test)
System tests: (link to follow)

Thanks,
Randall Hauch

Re: [VOTE] 2.6.0 RC1

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.
I've announced RC2 on a different thread entitled "[VOTE] 2.6.0 RC2" (see
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rc8a3aa6986204adbb9ff326b8de849b3c8bac5b6b2b436e8143afea9%40%3Cdev.kafka.apache.org%3E).
Please use that thread to highlight any blockers with that release
candidate.

Best regards,

Randall

Re: [VOTE] 2.6.0 RC1