Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by dovle <do...@delsyne.ro> on 2002/07/29 14:05:07 UTC

Interop problem

Hi all,
I have some problems and some questions with and about apache soap. Please
answer me as fast as you can.

Problem: I am using ksoap (client) and apache soap (server). When sending a
null object from client, ksoap does not add the xsi:type attribute. When
trying to deserialize the request, apache soap (Server) get an exception:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No deserializer found to deserialize a
:'mytype'. And I am shure that is because the ksoap does not add the type
attribute.
q: Does apache soap 2.3.1 mentioned that has fixed this issue ?
q: If not, has anyone found a workaround (serverside) in order to make this
work?
q: If not, has anyone modified the apache soap code in order to skip the
type attribute if xsi:null is present ?

If none of above, please give me some clues about where (the class) should I
modify in order to do this ? ( I am not very familiar with all the classes
from apache soap).

PLease respond as soon as possible,
Thanks alot to all,
dovle

RE: Interop problem

Posted by Erich Izdepski <ei...@cysive.com>.
Dovle-
explicitly register your type using a QName with no type. Provide a
deserializer for it that just returns a null value. The Apache docs cover
writing custom deserializers.

Erich Izdepski
Senior Software Engineer
Cysive, Inc.