Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Michael Jay <84...@qq.com> on 2018/01/05 06:46:26 UTC

How to make full use of network bandwidth?

Hi,
I have two physical hosts, each host has a sever node, node A and node B. I
created a table and inserted data into table via JDBCthin driver. But the
performance of inserting is poor. When the bandwidth of network is 100Mbps,
the throughput from node A to node B is only about 2Mbps, 1 million rows
need 800s to be finished. Then I only changed the bandwidth of network to
1Gbps, the throughput from node A to node B is up to 10Mbps, 1 million rows
need 250s to be finished. Moreover, the cacheMode is "partitioned".
How to explain this case? Is there some limitaiton or configuration on
network? What did I miss? How can How can we  use all network bandwidth?
Thanks!!
  default-config.xml
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1501/default-config.xml>

Re: How to make full use of network bandwidth?

Posted by Michael Jay <84...@qq.com>.
Sorry, I almost forgot it. I have  tried the suggestions above, but it didn't
work well. Finally, I changed the parameter of writeSynchronizationMode to
"FULL_AYSNC", it worked.

Re: How to make full use of network bandwidth?

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael, were you able to apply the suggestions. It would be nice if you
would share your results with the community.

D.

Posted by Michael Jay <84...@qq.com>.

Posted by Alexey Popov <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

Did you try non-default parameters for
1) socketSendBuffer and socketReceiveBuffer [1] in JDBC connection string?
2) socketSendBufferSize and socketReceiveBufferSize [2] in Ignite server
node configuration for SqlConnectorConfiguration?

Please change them to 128k and make a try.

JDBC thin driver works in a single thread in one-by-one request-by-response
SQL statement execution. I am not sure you can fully utilize a network here.
Probably, you could use an IgniteDataStreamer to achieve better results.
Please have a look at [3].
Or you should create multiple JDBC connections and parallel your inserts in
multiple threads.

[1]
https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/jdbc-driver#section-jdbc-thin-driver
[2]