Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Kanzlers, Andreas" <an...@coremedia.com> on 2007/06/20 19:43:34 UTC

execution order of plugins

Hi,

If different plugins are executed within the same execution phase, which
will be executed first ?

For example,

  <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin </artifactId>

      <phase>package</phase>

    <artifactId>maven-dependency-plugin </artifactId>

      <phase>package</phase>

  Is the maven-antrun-plugin executed first because it is positioned
above the maven-dependency-plugin ?

Regards,

Andreas

Re: execution order of plugins

Posted by Torsten Krall <tk...@tkl-soft.de>.
Hello,

is there any chance to define a plugin to run before the inherited goal
executions?
I have to tag a cvs-module and check for an already deployed version
with the same versionnumber before deploying.
I wrote an ant-plugin to test these conditions which is executed within
the deploy-phase and which will break the deploy-process if one
condition fails.

This is rather stupid because the conditions are checked when "deploy"
is already done...
The install-phase is not the right position for my plugin, too. :-(

I cannot understand why pre- and post-goals were completely removed from
maven2... I need a pre-phase...

Anyone who can help?

Best regards,
Torsten

Posted by Jo Vandermeeren <Jo...@ordina.be>.
On 6/20/07, Kanzlers, Andreas <an...@coremedia.com> wrote:

> If different plugins are executed within the same execution phase, which
> will be executed first ?

If multiple plugin executions are defined for the same phase (same or
different plugin), they are executed in the same order as they are defined
in your pom.xml.
Inherited goal executions are executed first.

There were some issues when inserting plugins by means of a profile, but
they should have been fixed in 2.0.7.

For example,

>   <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin </artifactId>
>
>       <phase>package</phase>

>     <artifactId>maven-dependency-plugin </artifactId>
>
>       <phase>package</phase>

>   Is the maven-antrun-plugin executed first because it is positioned
> above the maven-dependency-plugin ?

Yes.

Regards,

> Andreas