Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <hi...@orcmid.com> on 2011/08/31 02:52:38 UTC

RE: https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ is now live - Regression Check

It will be useful for folks who already have issues on the OpenOffice.org bugzilla to go through the password reset.  I recommend using your @openoffice.org ID and the password you have already on openoffice.org for simple continuity.

Once you log in with your "new" password, use the "My Bugs" link to see if you recognize everything that turns up, and any special cases that you know of have been handled properly.

The assignment and workflow of bugs will probably change, and I don't know if the previous processing arrangement has been preserved.  Others will want to check that and let us know.

 - Dennis

MY EXPERIENCE

Having learned the other day that my "orcmid" User ID on parts of the OpenOffice.org site is actually an orcmid@openoffice.org ID, I did the password reset ceremony with that e-mail address as "Login."

I received the email "token", and it worked to allow me to reset the password (back to its original value, since it still works elsewhere, including on openoffice.org itself, though my wiki account is clearly not tied to @openoffice.org).

After logging in, I was able to use the "My Bugs" link to find all three of my ancient bug reports.  Now the "Reported: " time stamp not only shows orcmid as reporter, it also has it be a link (with mailto:orcmid@openoffice.org).  The issue numbers are unchanged too.

I'm sure there are more interesting cases to verify, especially ones with attachments and ones that are pinged from commit messages.

But as a point-test, it looks like there is more working than not.

And it is relatively painless to move over.

 - Dennis

Thank you thank you thank you.  I see a bug of mine from 2006 is still sitting there [;<).

Now let's see if I can reset my password using my unexpected @openoffice.org id.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@openoffice.org>.
Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> It will be useful for folks who already have issues on the
> OpenOffice.org bugzilla to go through the password reset.  I
> recommend using your @openoffice.org ID and the password you have
> already on openoffice.org for simple continuity.

This might the beginning of a new multiplication of passwords for every
OpenOffice.org service/website that is ported to the new infrastructure,
while so far we were enjoying the benefits of a (mostly) Single-Sign-On
solution.

I realize that in the case of BugZilla it was probably impossible to do
it differently, but if at all possible other migrated services should
try and use the same users/passwords database as the new BugZilla.

Regards,
   Andrea.

RE: https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ is now live - Regression Check

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
I used the same password again because I didn't want to have more than one associated with orcmid@openoffice.org.

I generate unique passwords for all accounts.  In this case it was a simplification to preserve "single-sign-on" between the openoffice.org site and the bugzilla here.  And whatever else it accomplished, the issues that I had previously filed are now again "hot" with links in the places where "orcmid" appears.

Since the password is still not useful except where I have orcmid@openoffice.org on an account, I am not too worried that I have expanded my personal attack surface in any significant way.

 - Dennis

Posted by Eike Rathke <oo...@erack.de>.
Hi Dennis,