Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Clement Jebakumar <je...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/01 19:27:48 UTC

Hadoop WebUI

hi,

I have observed for very longtime, that hadoop ui is simple.(ofcourse it
has information which are required). but still....

Is there any reason for it? I thought of working on the UI as it is
required for my cloud setup.. If i work on this, i can give the patch of my
contributution to hadoop. how i can do my contrib to hadoop?

Now currenly i am doing my updates in trunk.. is that ok to do with trunk?
Give your views?

*Clement Jebakumar,*
111/27 Keelamutharamman Kovil Street,
Tenkasi, 627 811
http://www.declum.com/clement.html

Re: Hadoop WebUI

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Clement,

Agree with Suresh wrt the current APs.   You may also want to checkout
Hue (http://cloudera.github.com/hue) it's a web-based interface for
interacting with Hadoop and friends, ie end-user oriented (not focused
on admin/management).

Thanks,
Eli

Re: Hadoop WebUI