Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Bill Dudney <bd...@mac.com> on 2005/07/07 22:08:03 UTC

proposal: consolodate examples/standard & examples/simple

Hi All,

It appears that the code in examples/standard and the code in simple/
standard is the same. Any objections to getting rid of one or the other?

TTFN,

-bd-

Re: proposal: consolodate examples/standard & examples/simple

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Due to a mistake, a Sean mail and another from me have gone offlist. I
copy them here...

<Sean>
Bruno's idea sounds good.  At a minimum we need a simple example for
every component (which we pretty much have now.)  The standard
examples are just redundant (except for they show off the menu stuff.)

Also, notice how the tree2 examples work.  There is a very simple
example but then there are a few more examples showing different
variations with more complex configuration.  That might be an
alternative to having two distinct sections.
</Sean>

And my reply:

<Bruno>
I like the tree2 examples :-). To be effective, now I would
concentrate in the simple examples and discard the standard. I like
the idea of showing different 'configurations' of the sample element
(as tree2), because you can get a better idea of the different
possibilities of a component. But, I would like to see in the future
more complex examples combinating components and showing best
practices. This is always extremely useful and allows to have a better
idea of the picture :-)
</Bruno>

Regards,

Bruno

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
+1

+1

+1

There's 3 for ya ;)

--
James Mitchell
Consulting / Mentoring / Freelance

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
There is a page for that,

but as I said before - I am far from being finished, it doesn't work now ;)

I just had to check it in as I wanted to work on it from home as well.

regards,

Martin

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
sounds cool...

as long as we get to see both of them (and there is some clear
separation between sandbox and tomahawk), I am fine with that!

go ahead with removing the standard web-app, sounds good to me.

regards,

Martin

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.