Posted to user@click.apache.org by Jiujing Gu <jg...@met.fsu.edu> on 2010/03/26 13:37:43 UTC

Why do I have to use import to compile?

Hello,

This is related to my previous question.  I don't understand why do I
have to have those import statements to get the java code compiled.
Other people doesn't seem to need it.  Does  this mean there is
something wrong in my setup?

I installed click, tomcat & apache under /usr/local.  I'm running the
tests in my account under /home.

Jiujing

Re: Why do I have to use import to compile?

Posted by Andrei Ionescu <ai...@yahoo.com>.
 >> Perhaps there was a misunderstanding. If you use the Bindable
annotation you need to import it like so:
> I see.  You didn't have it in the user guide or the quick start guide.
> That made me wondering.
Because it's in every Java book - not something Click specific:

Every class, inteface, enumeration, annotation that you might want to
use in Java needs to be imported with an import statement!

A smart IDE like IntelliJ would have proposed to add that import
automatically.

Andrei.

Re: Why do I have to use import to compile?

Posted by Jiujing Gu <jg...@met.fsu.edu>.
I see.  You didn't have it in the user guide or the quick start guide.
That made me wondering.

Thanks,
Jiujing

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.