Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2018/11/21 17:34:18 UTC

[JAVA] feature-branch with split up drivers (feature/driver-protocol-split)

Hi all,

I just pushed a first version of a refactored project structure (No worries … no API changes).

In this I did several things:

  *   I merged the plc4j-core into the API module now we no longer need these double imports that were bugging me all the time.
  *   I split up the s7 protocol into a s7-driver, s7-protocol, iso-tp-protocol and iso-on-tcp-protocol
  *   I did the same split with the ethernet-ip protocol
  *   Setup the stubs for ads and modbus
  *   Started working on the test-protocol … however I tried renaming it to “simulated-driver” and ported all of the code to the dirver module as it’s no real protocol.
     *   However I’m not quite finished with this as I noticed that there’s a second driver in there “mock” … we should clean this up in the Finca ;-)

The main reason for me doing this is that I wanted to see how entangled the code for s7 was. Turned out it was almost perfectly untangled so that way easy. I wasn’t worried about the others.
I know when we are going to start working on passive mode drivers, this split between protocol and driver will become very important.
Also if we are really going to start working on ProfiNet, this splitting up of independent protocol layers will be important, because it’s a highly layered set of protocols.

Looking forward to some feedback.

Chris