Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by John Moriarty <jl...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/18 02:40:32 UTC

Stopped working on Ubuntu 18.04

It's been ~2 months since I last opened Netbeans on my Ubuntu 18.04
machine. Nothing happens when I choose Netbeans from my quick-start menu.
From the command line, "netbeans" gives me this output:

>/ has 'other' write 40757=

"sudo netbeans" give the exact same output. Seems like some people end up
with a similar error when opening other programs ("/ has 'other' write
40777"), but changing the permissions of /var/lib/snapd like shown here
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51027327/ubuntu-18-04-var-lib-snapd-has-other-write-40777>
does
not fix the problem for me. (To be honest, I don't even remember if I used
snap to install Netbeans. I think I remember there being multiple ways and
only one of them working, but this was years ago now.)

Has anyone had this problem before? Does anyone know how to go about fixing
it?

Thanks very much for any help, and please do let me know if there's any
other information I should provide, or if there are any resources I should
use to educate myself about what's actually going on here.

John

Re: Stopped working on Ubuntu 18.04

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
|you might try this one: sudo chmod 755/ |