Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Ali Koyuncu <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/17 09:14:18 UTC

Hi,

Yesterday I defined Asynch Queue Event and it worked well. Today, when I
try to start the server, I got the following exception:

gfsh>start server --name=Server1
--classpath=/home/company/product/simulator/lib/somelibrary-0.1.0.jar
--include-system-classpath=true
Starting a GemFire Server in /home/exodus/geode/vq/bin/1DataServer...
The Cache Server process terminated unexpectedly with exit status 1. Please
refer to the log file in /home/exodus/geode/vq/bin/1DataServer for full
details.

Exception in thread "main" com.gemstone.gemfire.cache.CacheXmlException:
Class "com.acme.events.OperationAsyncEventListener" is not an instance of
Declarable.
    at
com.gemstone.gemfire.internal.cache.xmlcache.CacheXmlParser.createDeclarable(CacheXmlParser.java:2139)

CLASSPATH variables are already defined as environment variables.

How to solve it?

--

Saygılarımla, with my warm regards,

Ali KOYUNCU

Re:

Posted by Ali Koyuncu <al...@gmail.com>.
Shuvro, hi,

Yes, it helped.

I will have new questions regarding how to use Async Listeners in a code -- will let you know.

Thank you again :)

Selamlar / With my regards,

Ali Koyuncu

Re:

Posted by Ali Koyuncu <al...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. Let me check.

Selamlar / With my regards,

Ali Koyuncu

Re:

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.
+1 Wayne; good ref (thanks for sharing).

--
-John
503-504-8657

Re:

Posted by Wayne Lund <wl...@pivotal.io>.
I was hoping you’d step in with that answer.  Ali can find the docs here:

Eliminate Declarable components
One can configure custom types entirely through Spring as mentioned in Configuring a GemFire Region <http://docs.spring.io/spring-data-gemfire/docs/1.8.1.RELEASE/reference/html/#bootstrap:region>. That way, one does not have to implement the Declarable interface and also benefits from all the features of the Spring IoC container (not just dependency injection but also life-cycle and instance management).

http://docs.spring.io/spring-data-gemfire/docs/1.8.1.RELEASE/reference/html/#apis:declarable <http://docs.spring.io/spring-data-gemfire/docs/1.8.1.RELEASE/reference/html/#apis:declarable>

Enjoy,

Wayne Lund
Platform Architect