Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Peter <in...@minimag.de> on 2007/05/24 09:55:40 UTC

problem with fop-0.93 and fonts

Hello,

I am trying to setup fop-0.93 for using different fonts for a pdf
which will be created later. I use the conf/userconfig.xml file to
specify the font-metrics.
There I added

kerning="yes" embed-file="file:///C:/apache_fop_fonts/BATANG.TTF">

Before this step I created the XML font metrics file successfully.
Then I run fop using fop -c conf/userconf.xml... where I get the
following error/warning message:

Warnung: Font 'Batang,normal,400' not found. Substituting with
'any,normal,400'

I receive the message also for 'Batang,normal,700' and 'Batang,italic,400'.
Does anyone of you have a hint/solution for me? This would be very
helpful for me.

Thanks a lot.

Re: problem with fop-0.93 and fonts

Posted by Adrian Cumiskey <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andreas,

This should fix the problem :-

embed-url="file:///C:/apache_fop_fonts/BATANG.TTF">

I recently worked on developing a more tightly validated FOP configuration
and some new font autodetection functionality.  This should be appearing in
the FOP trunk code soon and should make font configuration a lot easier.

All the best,

Adrian.