Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> on 2008/02/10 07:52:51 UTC

Archive based deployment documentation

Hi devs,

I recently tried archive based deployment in Axis2/C. First of all, I must
say that it took quite an amount of time to figure out how to do it. I
think we need to document this. Next, I ran into a trouble when I used
"File Roller 2.20.1" as it did not preserve execute permissions when
creating the archive. Once I got everything right I ran into another
trouble. That is running the client and server both from the same
location, same AXIS2C_HOME. Unless we run the server in the super user
mode (sudo), it segfaulted. This is because, even on the client side we do
the unzipping and when we over-write the existing files, the server finds
it hard to run. The super user mode for server and the normal user mode
for client does the trick. This is because simply the files are not
over-written. :D...

This is a great piece of work, but, lack of proper documentation would not
help users get the maximum out of this.

Regards,
Senaka